Victory Junction is a 501(c)(3) not for profit charity that serves children with chronic or serious medical conditions. A place where children discover that they can just be kids! Victory Junction is a medically safe, yet exhilarating camp that challenges children who have a serious medical condition to try things that they never imagined possible.
As a Victory Junction intern, one will gain knowledge and hands on experience of volunteer and staff management. The candidate will work with various members of our program team in order to gain the maximum exposure to various aspects of our organization. This position will provide a great building opportunity for anyone looking to obtain a career in the Non-profit sector
Essential Duties and Expectations:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this internship. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
● Learn about all aspects of Volunteer/Staff management.
● Assist with verification of references.
● Participate in volunteer orientation.
● Follow Victory Junction policies and procedures.
● Provide volunteer transportation to and from the Greensboro airport.
● Fulfill schedule set by Volunteer Director.
● Communicate effectively with Victory Junction Staff and Volunteers.
● Participate as a volunteer during a camp session.
● Work cohesively with program team to ensure success for all programs.
● Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or a minor as part of a bachelor’s program
● Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
● Strong attention to detail
● Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This internship is an unpaid position. Students may receive academic credit from their college for successful completion of the internship.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Claire Rutan, Volunteer Director, at email@example.com.