Victory Junction provides life-changing experiences to children living with serious illnesses and chronic medical conditions. Each year Victory Junction serves approximately 10,000 children and their families at the facility in Randleman, NC, at various pediatric hospitals and clinics, and through other outreach activities in the Southeast.
The Video Production Intern will assist with the media production and marketing efforts of Victory Junction. The internship’s primary focus is the production of the weekly camp videos but may involve other responsibilities as needed. The internship runs from early June to mid-August.
● Work as part of a collaborative team under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications to produce video presentations for each summer camp week
● Learn video editing on industry standard software
● Gain valuable field experience in a real world setting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Serve as principal video editor for weekly summer camp slide show videos and other projects as needed
● Author, duplicate and package camp video DVDs
● Assist with video field production, specifically with lighting, audio, and grip work
Skills and Competencies
● Working knowledge of non-linear video editing systems and thorough understanding of the concepts of video editing. Experience with Avid Media Composer is especially helpful
● Good organizational skills
● Deadline-oriented focus with the ability to deliver work on time
● Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
● Internship candidates must be students or recent graduates of a media production or photography college degree program and must be recommended by a faculty member in their degree concentration.
● Prospective interns must be current on vaccinations. Any required vaccinations must be administered at least two weeks prior to beginning the internship.
This internship is a paid position. Students may also receive academic credit from their college upon successful completion of the internship. Meals will be provided during camp sessions, and on-camp housing may be available for summer interns in some cases.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to John Barnett, Director of Marketing and Communications, at email@example.com.