Summer Camp Counselor
Victory Junction is a year-round camping facility that provides life-changing camp experiences to children with serious illnesses. We are looking to fill summer staff positions for summer 2019.
Summer staff spend each day empowering campers to try new things, make friends, and have tons of fun! They will assist campers with activities of daily living (such as showering, changing clothes, wheelchair transfers, etc.), provide support and encouragement at program areas, and ensure the health, safety, and overall wellbeing of our campers.
Late May through early August (dates vary based on position).
● 19+ years old (or 18 years old with 1 year of college completed)
● Residential position: must be able to live on camp for the entire summer
● High energy work environment: must be physically and mentally able to help campers while maintaining a positive outlook
● Ability to obtain CPR/AED certification before camp starts
● Cabin Counselors: Serve on a team of 5-8 counselors and act as the primary role model for six to eight campers in their cabin.
● Program Counselors: Specialize in a specific program area such as adventure, lifeguarding, or bowling, and plan and facilitate safe activities that are catered to the specific needs of our campers each week. When not facilitating the activity in the program area, program counselors will transition back to the cabin and provide support to campers.