Victory Junction is looking for interns to assist with our media production and marketing efforts during our summer camp season (May-August).
– Work as part of a collaborative team under the supervision of the media production specialist to produce video presentations for each summer camp week
– Learn video editing on industry standard software
– Gain valuable field experience in a real world setting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Take photographs of campers, staff, and volunteers during scheduled activity blocks, making sure to capture all program areas, diversity of campers, staff, and volunteers.
– Capture camper headshots during arrival days, group photos of units, ordering/printing and retrieval of photos.
– Take additional photos as requested by the marketing specialist and other development staff
– Assist with editing photos, labeling photos, and filing all photos to the Victory Junction server.
– Assist with video editing of weekly summer camp slide show videos and other projects as needed
– Author, duplicate and package camp video DVDs
– Assist with video field production, specifically with lighting, audio, teleprompter and grip work
Skills and Competencies:
– Comprehensive knowledge of digital photography
– Working knowledge of non-linear video editing systems and thorough understanding of the concepts of video editing. Experience with Avid Media Composer is especially helpful.
– Good organizational skills
– Deadline-oriented focus with the ability to deliver work on time
– Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
Internship candidates must be enrolled in a communications or media production college degree program and must be recommended by a faculty member in their degree concentration.
Students may receive academic credit from their college for successful completion of the internship. Interns will be provided housing and meals during camp sessions.