Victory Junction is looking for interns to assist with our media production and marketing efforts during our summer camp season (May-August).
– Work as part of a collaborative team under the supervision of the media production manager to produce video presentations for each summer camp week
– Learn video editing on industry standard software
– Gain valuable field experience in a real world setting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Take photographs and/or shoot video of campers, staff, and volunteers during scheduled activity blocks, making sure to capture all program areas, diversity of campers, staff, and volunteers.
– Capture camper head shots during arrival days, group photos of units, ordering/printing and retrieval of photos.
– Take additional photos as requested by the marketing team and other development staff
– Assist with editing photos, labeling photos, and filing all photos to the Victory Junction server.
– Assist with video editing of weekly summer camp slide show videos and other projects as needed
– Author, duplicate and package camp video DVDs
– Assist with video field production, specifically with lighting, audio, teleprompter and grip work
Skills and Competencies:
– Comprehensive knowledge of digital photography
– Working knowledge of non-linear video editing systems and thorough understanding of the concepts of video editing. Experience with Avid Media Composer is especially helpful.
– Good organizational skills
– Deadline-oriented focus with the ability to deliver work on time
– Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
Internship candidates must be enrolled in a communications or media production college degree program and must be recommended by a faculty member in their degree concentration.
Prospective interns must be current on vaccinations and submit a medical form completed by a healthcare professional two weeks prior to beginning the internship.
Students may receive academic credit from their college for successful completion of the internship. Interns will be provided meals during camp sessions. Housing may also be available during camp sessions in some cases.