Victory Junction is looking for interns to assist with our media production and marketing efforts during our summer camp season (May-August).
● Work as part of a collaborative team under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications to produce video presentations for each summer camp week
● Learn video editing on industry standard software
● Gain valuable field experience in a real world setting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Take photographs and/or shoot video of campers, staff, and volunteers during scheduled activity blocks, making sure to capture all program areas, diversity of campers, staff, and volunteers.
● Capture camper head shots during arrival days, group photos of units, ordering/printing and retrieval of photos.
● Take additional photos as requested by the marketing team and other development staff
● Assist with editing photos, labeling photos, and filing all photos to the Victory Junction server.
● Assist with video editing of weekly summer camp slide show videos and other projects as needed
● Author, duplicate and package camp video DVDs
● Assist with video field production, specifically with lighting, audio, teleprompter and grip work
Skills and Competencies:
● Comprehensive knowledge of digital photography
● Working knowledge of non-linear video editing systems and thorough understanding of the concepts of video editing. Experience with Avid Media Composer is especially helpful.
● Good organizational skills
● Deadline-oriented focus with the ability to deliver work on time
● Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
● Internship candidates must be students or recent graduates of a communications or media production college degree program and must be recommended by a faculty member in their degree concentration.
● Prospective interns must be current on vaccinations and submit a medical form completed by a healthcare professional two weeks prior to beginning the internship.
This internship is an unpaid position. Students may receive academic credit from their college upon successful completion of the internship. On-camp housing may be available for summer interns in some cases.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to John Barnett, Director of Marketing & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.