Victory Junction provides life-changing experiences to children living with serious illnesses and chronic medical conditions. Each year Victory Junction serves approximately 10,000 children and their families at the facility in Randleman, NC, at various pediatric hospitals and clinics, and through other outreach activities in the Southeast.
The Photography Intern will assist with the media production and marketing efforts of Victory Junction. The internship’s primary focus is still photography for the production of the weekly camp videos but may involve other responsibilities as needed. The internship runs June 7 – August 6.
● Work as part of a collaborative team under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications and the Media Production Specialist
● Gain valuable field experience in a real-world setting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Take photographs of campers, staff, and volunteers during scheduled activity blocks, making sure to capture all program areas, diversity of campers, staff, and volunteers
● Take additional photos as requested by the Marketing Team and other Development staff
● Edit and tag photos and archive weekly media assets
● Author, duplicate and package camp video DVDs
Skills and Competencies
● Comprehensive knowledge of digital photography
● Good organizational skills
● Deadline-oriented focus with the ability to deliver work on time
● Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
● Access to personal camera gear is helpful but not required
● Internship candidates must be students or recent graduates of a media production or photography college degree program and must be recommended by a faculty member in their degree concentration.
● Prospective interns must be current on vaccinations. Any required vaccinations must be administered at least two weeks prior to beginning the internship.
This internship is a paid position. Students may also receive academic credit from their college for successful completion of the internship.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to John Barnett, Director of Marketing & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.