As a marketing & public relations intern, you will assist the Marketing Specialist with the creation of marketing materials essential for internal and external marketing and communications. You will interpret our brand strategy and create pieces that meet our branding standards while also adding creativity and individuality to each project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this internship. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
– Assist with brainstorming, creating and distributing marketing materials as well as donor communication
– Collaborate with the marketing department and support campaigns aimed at raising awareness as well as meet fundraising needs
– Draft basic public relations materials including, news releases, media alerts, fact sheets and other materials
– Create editorial materials such as blog posts. Includes research in the field, contacting individuals involved in potential stories, etc.
– Follow news coverage and seek follow-up opportunities
– Modify existing materials including program information packets, handouts, PowerPoint templates, etc.
– Other communications projects as assigned
Skills and Competencies:
– Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
– Comfort with undertaking public relations writing assignments
– Enthusiasm for the marketing process and attentiveness to different project goals
– Good organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects
– Willingness and ability to interact professionally with staff, volunteers, campers, donors, partners, media
– Ability to interact professionally with donors, media
– Deadline-oriented focus with the ability to deliver work on time
– Ability to work independently but also as part of a collaborative team
Internship candidates must be enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a college/university communications, public relations, marketing or other related program.
Students may receive academic credit from their college for successful completion of the internship.