Victory Junction provides life-changing experiences to children living with serious illnesses and chronic medical conditions. Each year Victory Junction serves approximately 10,000 children and their families at the facility in Randleman, NC, at various pediatric hospitals and clinics, and through other outreach activities in the Southeast.
The Marketing Communications intern will assist the Marketing Team with the creation of content essential for internal and external marketing and communications. The primary focus of the internship will the creation of blog stories and social media content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Create editorial materials such as blog posts. Includes research in the field, contacting individuals involved in potential stories, etc.
● Draft basic public relations materials including, news releases, media alerts, fact sheets and other materials
● Collaborate with the Marketing Team to support campaigns aimed at raising awareness as well as meet fundraising needs
● Assist with brainstorming for creating and distributing marketing and materials, as well as donor communications
● Other communications projects as assigned
Skills and Competencies
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills
● Enthusiasm for the marketing process and attentiveness to different project goals
● Good organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects
● Willingness and ability to interact professionally with staff, volunteers, campers, donors, partners, media
● Deadline-oriented focus with the ability to deliver work on time
● Ability to work independently but also as part of a collaborative team
● Internship candidates must be enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a college or university communications, public relations, marketing or other related program.
● Prospective interns must be current on vaccinations. Any required vaccinations must be administered at least two weeks prior to beginning the internship.
This internship is an unpaid position. Students may receive academic credit from their college for successful completion of the internship.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to John Barnett, Director of Marketing & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.