As a marketing & public relations intern, you will assist the Marketing Team with the creation of marketing materials essential for internal and external marketing and communications. You will interpret our brand strategy and create pieces that meet our branding standards while also adding creativity and individuality to each project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this internship. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
● Assist with brainstorming for creating and distributing marketing and materials, as well as donor communications.
● Collaborate with the marketing department and support campaigns aimed at raising awareness as well as meet fundraising needs.
● Draft basic public relations materials including, news releases, media alerts, fact sheets and other materials.
● Create editorial materials such as blog posts. Includes research in the field, contacting individuals involved in potential stories, etc.
● Follow news coverage and seek follow-up opportunities.
● Other communications projects as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
● Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
● Enthusiasm for the marketing process and attentiveness to different project goals
● Good organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects
● Willingness and ability to interact professionally with staff, volunteers, campers, donors, partners, media
● Ability to interact professionally with donors, media
● Deadline-oriented focus with the ability to deliver work on time
● Ability to work independently but also as part of a collaborative team
Internship candidates must be enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a college/university communications, public relations, marketing or other related program.
This internship is an unpaid position. Students may receive academic credit from their college for successful completion of the internship.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to John Barnett, Media Production Manager, at email@example.com.