As a graphic design intern, you will assist the Marketing Team with the design and creation of marketing materials essential for internal and external marketing and communications. You will interpret our brand strategy and create materials that meet our branding standards while also adding creativity and individuality to each project.
The graphic design internship position at Victory Junction will prepare you for future in-house work at other companies or with advertising agencies. You’ll benefit from the guidance and support of the marketing department and leave the experience with pieces that will supplement your portfolio of work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this internship. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
– Create graphics and design layouts for print ads, flyers, email newsletters, website, blog, event campaigns and social media accounts
– Collaborate with the marketing department and support campaigns with design solutions
– Modify existing materials including program information packets, handouts, PowerPoint templates, etc.
Skills and Competencies:
Successful candidates will come to the role with a strong background in graphic arts.
– Prior experience creating graphics and a solid grasp of design concepts
– Comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
– Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals
– Good organizational skills
– Willingness to interact with staff and volunteers
– Deadline-oriented focus with the ability to deliver work on time
– Ability to work independently but also as part of a collaborative team
Students may receive academic credit from their college for successful completion of the internship.